Sunday, September 20, 2015

I Made a Mistake

Rounding out a 90 minute, Friday night drive that had turned from dusk to dark along the way, I was more than ready to get out from behind the wheel. The pressure on my bladder played into that. Sure enough, Gypsy, my GPS, instructs a left turn but the Diversion signs say otherwise. No problem! Carrying on a straight and two lefts are surely the same as one left. However after I make the first turn she starts yelling "Make a U-Turn in five feet" and "Make a U Turn! Now Dummy!" Okay, okay.. except this is a very tight road carriageway and there are vehicles parked on either side. Eventually I execute the desired manoeuvre and am back at the original traffic light, looking to retrace my steps. I'm halfway through my right hand turn when I stop short. Something's wrong! You can't make turns on red here. Phew! Luckily I caught myself!
But wait a minute, why is this car turning into me, and why are they coming from the wrong side?? Oh flapjacks! I'm on the wrong side and I have been since the U turn! Spying what should have been my traffic signal flash yellow before green I look around, double check where I'm supposed to be, and ease back onto the left side of the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment