Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Guardian: Sergey, Krasnodar

Ardent Stefan Spies may recall the chance encounter in a Russian treasure trove that began this guardianship. On a whim Sergey reached out to me in English and I was more than happy to pass some time with an open-minded young Russian in Moscow. Upon arrival in his home town a couple weeks later post Olympics he graciously showed me the inside track of his city, Krasnodar, from which I never would have extracted nearly as much. For example he told me of the road/fool quote and brought me by an amazing abandoned water park, as well as a large collection of soviet armoured vehicles to scramble over. It's priceless and immensely more rewarding to have a local to suggest a honey ginger tea or explain a bronze statue of a handsome canine couple dressed for a night out.

Sergey, a sincere thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment