Monday, May 12, 2014

Bear with Me: Tails End

Nobody seemed like they were getting up today after last night's hijinks, plus it being a Sunday. I had planned to take the 7am bus until I'd found out a couple days before that no such bus ran and I'd be forced to hitchhike. First though, half an hour after everyone is supposed to be up we were awoken to find a full size cube van heaped full of an assortment of bread and baked goods on top of hard kernel corn. It took six of us six hours to unload it all by hand and I still had my hangover but not a ride. Finally a visiting Dutch couple to the refuge agreed to take me so I was knighted with my volunteer bear necklace and instructed to retain the Kuterevo Spirit for all my life. Goodbyes and hugs were exchanged all around and off we went. As it turns out my guesthouse was literally across the street from theirs and Katherine hollered to me from our balcony as I retrieved my bag from their trunk and wished them safe travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment